Login flow for OTP-based authentication
Pre-requisite: The resident is issued with a unique virtual ID for a country's foundation ID. In the below demo application, the resident is registered with MOSIP and has a valid UIN or VID.
1. Resident clicks
Sign In with e-Signet.
The login screen appears and the resident is displayed with the options they can choose for login.
2. To get started with login with OTP authentication, the resident clicks on
Log in here.
Login with OTP screen is displayed to the resident.
3. Resident needs to enter valid VID in the "Enter Your VID" text field and check the box 'I'm not a robot'.
With e-Signet version 1.0, the OTP-based authentication is now secured with captcha.
4. Next, the resident clicks on the
5. The resident receives the OTP on the registered channel (either the phone or email).
6. The resident needs to enter the valid OTP received and click on the
7. The resident is then navigated to the Consent page. On this page, the Essential and Voluntary claims are displayed.
8. The resident has the choice to select from the list of Voluntary claims while the Essential claims are mandatory and cannot be edited.
9. The resident should click the
Allowbutton. The system navigates the resident to the User Profile page which displays all the personal information based on the consent provided.